Spring Paper Cut!
This paper cut is the
Symbol of Spring. If you hang it upside down, it means spring arrived.
Click for larger image.
Qty 1 - Sheet 8 1/2 x 11 colored paper
Qty 1 - Double Sided Tape, 1" long
Qty 12 Inches, Red Ribbon, 1" or so wide
1. Get Red or other colored paper, 8 1/2 x 11
2. Cut the paper so it is a square 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 (an option is print out
the diagram below on the colored paper to make the project easier).
3. Fold the paper in half, from corner to corner to make a triangle.
4. Repeat, folding paper in half to make a smaller triangle (Quarter
Fold Again (eighth)
5. Cut using Template below:
6. Cut the tip of the cutting to create a hole for the ribbon.
7. On the ribbon, using a scissors edge, shred the bottom 10 inches to
create a string type.
Click for larger picture
8. Create a loop at the top of the ribbon and tie a not 1" below the
top of the loop.
9. Thread string through center of paper cut (hint, using some type of
hook thread such as a pen cap, thread the shredded part through the hole).
10. Attach double sided tape to bottom of paper cut inside to shredded
Red Ribbon and paper.
11. Hang in your house